No clean chit to Narendra Modi: Teesta
New Delhi: Putting up a brave front after the Supreme Court direction to SIT to file its report in the trial court in Gulberg Society case, social activist Teesta Setalvad on Monday said that her prayer as a petitioner had been granted by the Supreme Court.
Speaking to reporters, Setalvad said, “It cannot be said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others had been given a clean chit”.
She stressed, “Our demands that a FIR be registered in the riots case and the CBI be handed over the case, has been accepted by the apex court.”
Urging the media not to “misunderstand the order” Teesta emphasised that today’s ruling of the Supreme Court is a complex one which respected the “order of law”. She reiterated that the order was of due-process and that it was a “huge step forward”.
Nonetheless, Teesta Setalvad did accept that as a petitioner her only regret was that the investigation would remain with the SIT, which has lost its credibility in their view.
Accepting that it was a long struggle ahead, she hoped that in ten to twelve years the case will be come to a logical conclusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fire kills 38 in Madagascar, including 16 children: Police
- WATCH: ADORABLE! MS Dhoni shares cutest videos with daughter Ziva on Instagram
- No need to hold talks with separatists: BJP
- Panama papers: SC seeks Centre, RBI's response in four weeks
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!