No clue in CCTV footage in Ambani threat letter case
Mumbai: The image of the person who delivered the threat letter purportedly sent by terror outfit Indian Mujahideen to the office of Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani was not captured by CCTVs, police said on Friday.
The investigators had hoped that the CCTVs at Ambani`s office captured the images of the suspect who delivered the letter that threatened to harm Ambani for supporting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and investing in the state, a crime branch officer told PTI.
"As we examined the CCTV footage at Ambani`s office, we could not find the movements of the suspect who dropped that letter," the officer said adding "the case is becoming more complicated."
Investigators have also begun recording the statements of Ambani`s staff but as of now, there were no clues available, police said.
According to the complaint, the envelope containing the letter was delivered by an unidentified person to Ambani`s personal staff at his office in Maker Chambers in south Mumbai on February 24 threatening that the IM would damage his 27-storey mansion `Antilia` on Altamount Road.
The handwritten letter, claimed to have been penned by an IM operative, also said the organisation wanted the release of its operative Danish, failing which the home-grown terror group would cause harm to Ambani.
Police suspect the letter referred to Mohammed Danish Ansari, a native of Darbhanga in Bihar, who was arrested in January by NIA for sheltering IM founder Bhatkal brothers before they reportedly escaped to Pakistan three years ago.
After receiving the letter, a senior officer of RIL had met city Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to apprise him of the development, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof