No clue in CCTV footage in Ambani threat letter case
Mumbai: The image of the person who delivered the threat letter purportedly sent by terror outfit Indian Mujahideen to the office of Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani was not captured by CCTVs, police said on Friday.
The investigators had hoped that the CCTVs at Ambani`s office captured the images of the suspect who delivered the letter that threatened to harm Ambani for supporting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and investing in the state, a crime branch officer told PTI.
"As we examined the CCTV footage at Ambani`s office, we could not find the movements of the suspect who dropped that letter," the officer said adding "the case is becoming more complicated."
Investigators have also begun recording the statements of Ambani`s staff but as of now, there were no clues available, police said.
According to the complaint, the envelope containing the letter was delivered by an unidentified person to Ambani`s personal staff at his office in Maker Chambers in south Mumbai on February 24 threatening that the IM would damage his 27-storey mansion `Antilia` on Altamount Road.
The handwritten letter, claimed to have been penned by an IM operative, also said the organisation wanted the release of its operative Danish, failing which the home-grown terror group would cause harm to Ambani.
Police suspect the letter referred to Mohammed Danish Ansari, a native of Darbhanga in Bihar, who was arrested in January by NIA for sheltering IM founder Bhatkal brothers before they reportedly escaped to Pakistan three years ago.
After receiving the letter, a senior officer of RIL had met city Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to apprise him of the development, the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani