No competition in BJP for PM`s post: Advani
Ahmedabad: Amid growing clamour in BJP to name Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, veteran BJP leader LK Advani on Saturday said there was no competition in the party for the top post.
"There is no competition for the post of Prime Minister within the party," Advani told reporters in the state capital Gandhinagar when asked about competition in the party for PM`s post.
Advani, who came to attend a meeting of District Rural Development Agency here, also predicted early Lok Sabha elections.
"The Lok Sabha elections may be held in 2013," he said, adding Congress would not make any gains in the coming assembly polls in five states.
About the composition of the party`s new parliamentary board and speculation as to who would be included in the new team to be announced by the party chief Rajnath Singh, he said "the party president will take into account various factors".
The Gandhinagar MP also met Narendra Modi and discussed various issues, an official release by the state government said.
It is believed that Modi and his close aide Amit Shah would be given wider national roles in the new set-up.
Shah is an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, the trial of which is going on in Mumbai.
Meanwhile, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) president Mohan Bhagwat and former union minister Murli Manohar Joshi were also in the city today to attend a national seminar organised by state unit of Bharatiya Vichar Manch to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31