No compromise on air safety: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: The Government will not tolerate
any violation of safety norms on which there will be no
compromise, Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh asserted on Sunday.
"The Civil Aviation Ministry will not tolerate any
violation of safety norms. There will be no compromise on air
safety," Singh told reporters here.
He was asked to comment on aviation regulator Directorate
General of Civil Aviation`s (DGCA) finding that financial
distress was leading airlines to violate laid down safety
"DGCA`s job is to constantly monitor these issues and
pull up the airlines if they fail to fulfil these norms," he
A financial audit carried out by DGCA found that
widespread sickness in the aviation industry was seriously
impacting safety of flight operations and recommended action
under Aircraft Rules and the Civil Aviation Requirements.
It has came down heavily on Kingfisher and Air India
Express for ignoring safety requirements and has also found
serious lapses on part of other carriers on major counts.
Airlines like IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways, GoAir,
Alliance Air and JetLite have been rapped for issues like non-
reporting of incidents, lack of pilots, proper and regular
training, absence of qualified safety officials and non-
compliance of safety audits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam