No compromise on sovereignty issue: ULFA
Tezpur (Assam): ULFA advisor Bhimakanta
Buragohain alias `Mama` Monday asserted that the outfit would
make no compromise on the issue of sovereignty.
Buragohain, who was produced at the Tezpur Sessions
Court here, told reporters that the outfit would have come
forward for talks much earlier, if they had to give up the
issue of sovereignty.
"The possibility of talks in the present scenario appears
to be remote as all prominent leaders of the outfit are either
in jail or outside the country," he said.
The central executive committee members of the outfit
had to meet together and decide on the issue of talks but
"being either in jail or outside the country, this was not
possible at present."
He called upon the government to have a "positive will"
regarding talks and create a situation where the ULFA
members could meet and take the process of talks forward.
Asked whether talks without ULFA commander-in-chief
Paresh Barua was possible or not, Borgohain said that only
when the central executive committee members meet can such a
decision be taken.
A Citizen Forum, formed to facilitate talks between
the Centre and ULFA, had recently called to discuss the issue
of sovereignty even if it cannot be granted but Chief Minister
Tarun Gogoi rejected it, saying that the issue of sovereignty
cannot be negotiated upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore