No compromise with Opposition: Congress on coal issue
New Delhi: The battle of words between the Congress-led-UPA government and the main Opposition the BJP on coalgate continued on Monday. The Congress today told the saffron party without mincing any words that no compromise was possible as far as their demands on the coal issue was concerned.
The party also said that their president Sonia Gandhi had tried her best to end the logjam but the Opposition was not relenting. Sonia Gandhi called Sushma Swaraj thrice to pacify her and end the logjam in Parliament.
The main Opposition has been relentlessly demanding the resignation of Prime Minisiter Manmohan Singh, along with the cancellation of 142 coal blocks which has been allotted and a fair and independent probe.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had told the media yesterday in Mumbai that if these two demands were met by the government then the impasse in the Parliament could end and both the Houses could function smoothly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!