No compromise with Opposition: Congress on coal issue
New Delhi: The battle of words between the Congress-led-UPA government and the main Opposition the BJP on coalgate continued on Monday. The Congress today told the saffron party without mincing any words that no compromise was possible as far as their demands on the coal issue was concerned.
The party also said that their president Sonia Gandhi had tried her best to end the logjam but the Opposition was not relenting. Sonia Gandhi called Sushma Swaraj thrice to pacify her and end the logjam in Parliament.
The main Opposition has been relentlessly demanding the resignation of Prime Minisiter Manmohan Singh, along with the cancellation of 142 coal blocks which has been allotted and a fair and independent probe.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had told the media yesterday in Mumbai that if these two demands were met by the government then the impasse in the Parliament could end and both the Houses could function smoothly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?