No conflict of interest between Advani and Modi: Naidu
Kolkata: Denying any conflict of interest between LK Advani and Narendra Modi, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Friday supported the Gujarat Chief Minister`s challenge to the Prime Minister, saying that everybody has the right to question his performance as he was accountable to the nation.
"There is no conflict of interest at all because Advaniji has not taken any name. I have gone through his statement very carefully. It is very clear that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is answerable to the nation. He has failed, therefore we have every right to question him. But no personal criticism should be made," Naidu told reporters here.
"But yes, there can be criticism of his performance. Prime Minister is accountable to the nation," he said.
Naidu`s comment came in the backdrop of Narendra Modi`s attack on Manmohan Singh on Independence Day yesterday which drew an indirect rebuke from Advani, who also got the backing of key NDA ally Shiv Sena.
Advani, who has voiced reservations about the elevation of the Gujarat Chief Minister as BJP`s national election campaign chief, yesterday said that on a day like Independence Day, leaders should not be critical of others.
Asked whether the BJP-led NDA would be able to garner enough allies with Modi as the party`s poll campaign committee chief, Naidu said, "Alliances and understandings are not made on the basis of personalities, but are made on the basis of agenda."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you