No contest between Rahul and Modi: Jyotiraditya
New Delhi: Narendra Modi is nowhere in contest with Rahul Gandhi whose vision and capabilities cannot be matched by any leader, says Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia while pinning hope that the Gandhi family scion will lead the Congress party in next general elections.
"There is no `Rahul vs Modi` contest. Rather, I don`t see any leader in this country with the vision, aptitude and capabilities of Rahul Gandhi," Jyotiraditya said in an interview to a news agency.
He was responding to questions on the ongoing attempt by a section of BJP to pitch the Gujarat Chief Minister against the Congress Vice-President
The Power Minister also said that he was hopeful that Rahul will lead the party whenever the general elections are held. "I certainly hope so," he said when asked whether Rahul would lead Congress in polls.
While neither BJP nor Congress has projected Modi and Rahul as their prime ministerial candidates, political circles have been abuzz about the potential contest between the two leaders. Many leaders from the two parties have also publicly spoken for Rahul and Modi as their preferred Prime Ministerial candidates.
Downplaying Modi`s leadership qualities, the minister said the Gujarat leader was nowhere in a contest vis-a-vis Rahul, whose vision and thoughts are for a resurgent India where every citizen has equal share in moulding country`s destiny.
"Whether that would be through a political, economic or social process or combination of all the three together, ... Rahul Gandhi is working on that front and no other leader can match up to him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row