No contest between Rahul and Modi: Jyotiraditya
New Delhi: Narendra Modi is nowhere in contest with Rahul Gandhi whose vision and capabilities cannot be matched by any leader, says Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia while pinning hope that the Gandhi family scion will lead the Congress party in next general elections.
"There is no `Rahul vs Modi` contest. Rather, I don`t see any leader in this country with the vision, aptitude and capabilities of Rahul Gandhi," Jyotiraditya said in an interview to a news agency.
He was responding to questions on the ongoing attempt by a section of BJP to pitch the Gujarat Chief Minister against the Congress Vice-President
The Power Minister also said that he was hopeful that Rahul will lead the party whenever the general elections are held. "I certainly hope so," he said when asked whether Rahul would lead Congress in polls.
While neither BJP nor Congress has projected Modi and Rahul as their prime ministerial candidates, political circles have been abuzz about the potential contest between the two leaders. Many leaders from the two parties have also publicly spoken for Rahul and Modi as their preferred Prime Ministerial candidates.
Downplaying Modi`s leadership qualities, the minister said the Gujarat leader was nowhere in a contest vis-a-vis Rahul, whose vision and thoughts are for a resurgent India where every citizen has equal share in moulding country`s destiny.
"Whether that would be through a political, economic or social process or combination of all the three together, ... Rahul Gandhi is working on that front and no other leader can match up to him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video