No cooperation from Pak Rangers in controlling smuggling: BSF
Hoshiarpur: Pakistan Rangers are not cooperating with BSF troopers in checking narcotic smuggling and infiltration, a senior officer of the force said on Saturday.
Due to no cooperation from Pakistan`s border guarding force, we are unable to stop smuggling of narcotics and infiltration completely, said Rajdeep Singh, Special Director General of the Border Security Force (West).
There has been a spurt in drugs smuggling from across the border in recent times with BSF making a lot of seizures of heroin.
"Pakistan Rangers do not own up their nationals and were not taking back their dead bodies who were killed during various encounters at the borders," the officer said.
Replying to a question, Singh said that Pakistani forces had opened fire on Abduria check post in Jammu and Kashmir last evening.
The firing stopped after BSF jawans retaliated.
Singh said that 948 women recruits were protecting Indian borders effectively and efficiently.
174 new women recruits were being imparted training who would be deputed on the border soon after completion of their training, he said.
Earlier, Singh took march past salute from 349 newly recruited Jawans in a passing out parade.
Congratulating the trainees for completing their training, he asked them to perform their duties in the field honestly and with dedication.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata