No date from Pak on judicial commission`s visit
New Delhi: Notwithstanding its commitment,
Pakistan has failed to convey to India as to when its judicial
commission will visit here for the statement of the
magistrate, who had recorded the confession of Ajmal Kasab, to
pursue the 26/11 attacks case.
During the Home Secretary-level talks held here in March,
India agreed to a Pakistani proposal to host a judicial
commission of that country to take statements of Additional
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate RV Sawant Waghule and
Investigating Officer Ramesh Mahale, who have recorded the
confessional statement of Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist
of the 26/11 attacks, to pursue the case there.
It also wanted to take statement of the doctor who
carried out the post mortem of the terrorists killed during
Islamabad has been maintaining that it is necessary to
send the commission to India as part of the judicial process
of the case in Pakistan and promised at the Home Secretary-
level talks that they would do so by May 15.
Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik too, during his
meeting with Home Minister P Chidambaram on the sidelines of a
SAARC meeting in Thimphu last month, had "affirmed that his
ministry was working toward an early visit of a judicial
commission from Pakistan to India".
He had also expressed the hope that the visit would take
place at an early date.
However, nothing has been heard from Islamabad so far on
the proposed judicial commission`s visit to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race