No date from Pak on judicial commission`s visit
New Delhi: Notwithstanding its commitment,
Pakistan has failed to convey to India as to when its judicial
commission will visit here for the statement of the
magistrate, who had recorded the confession of Ajmal Kasab, to
pursue the 26/11 attacks case.
During the Home Secretary-level talks held here in March,
India agreed to a Pakistani proposal to host a judicial
commission of that country to take statements of Additional
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate RV Sawant Waghule and
Investigating Officer Ramesh Mahale, who have recorded the
confessional statement of Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist
of the 26/11 attacks, to pursue the case there.
It also wanted to take statement of the doctor who
carried out the post mortem of the terrorists killed during
Islamabad has been maintaining that it is necessary to
send the commission to India as part of the judicial process
of the case in Pakistan and promised at the Home Secretary-
level talks that they would do so by May 15.
Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik too, during his
meeting with Home Minister P Chidambaram on the sidelines of a
SAARC meeting in Thimphu last month, had "affirmed that his
ministry was working toward an early visit of a judicial
commission from Pakistan to India".
He had also expressed the hope that the visit would take
place at an early date.
However, nothing has been heard from Islamabad so far on
the proposed judicial commission`s visit to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27