No dates decided yet for Indo-Pak DGMOs meet
New Delhi: Notwithstanding increased border ceasefire violations in Jammu and Kashmir, India and Pakistan are yet to decide a date for a meeting between their DGMOs, three weeks after the Prime Ministers of the two countries decided that they would meet to address the issue.
"At this juncture, we have no dates," Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh told reporters here.
She was asked when the DGMOs would be meeting to address the issue of ceasefire violations as was agreed during the meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistan counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New York on September 29.
When referred to increased ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the LoC and the International Border which has led to some casualties, the Foreign Secretary said "the question of incidents on the LoC is taken up with Pakistan. We have an ongoing dialogue between DGMOs. They are in regular touch. Any case of injuries to civilians is also taken up."
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said the Centre needs to take up the issue of ceasefire violations with Pakistan in a "strong manner" as it was getting "more serious" now.
"I do not understand who is behind this and what do they think because recently our Prime Minister met Pakistan Prime Minister in New York and they talked about ceasefire violations. It was decided that the DGMOs of both countries will discuss the issue and find a remedy. Instead of a solution to it, the issue is getting more serious.
"The way civilian areas were targeted by shelling yesterday, and a few children were injured, it does not seem that their intentions are good. I would request the government of India to take up the issue with the government of Pakistan in a strong manner," Omar told reporters in Srinagar.
Pakistani troops had yesterday pounded civilian areas along the LoC, leaving five persons injured. Three children were among those injured in Najwal border hamlet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY