No deal between India, China to end standoff in Ladakh: Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday said there was "no deal" between India and China for ending the 21-day standoff between the armies of the two countries in Ladakh.
"No deals in international levels... We do not do deals at this level," he said when asked if India and China had cut a deal to end the standoff.
Reports have suggested that it was only after India agreed to dismantle its positions in Chumar area in Ladakh that the Chinese side agreed to withdraw its troops from Depsang valley in Daulat Beg oldi sector there.
Asked about his visit to China starting May 09, Khurshid said, "We will talk about the future and our leadership is committed towards that and the great things India and China can and must do together."
The visit was under cloud until the two sides reached the agreement to end the standoff.
The Chinese incursion issue is expected to figure in Khurshid`s talks with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi as well as Premier Li Keqiang when he calls on them.
Besides the border incident, the focus of Khurshid`s talks will be to finalise the programme of Li`s visit to India during which he would be visiting both New Delhi and Mumbai.
The new Chinese Premier chose India as his first stop during his maiden foreign trip to strike a friendly chord with the Indian public and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case