No deal between India, China to end standoff in Ladakh: Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday said there was "no deal" between India and China for ending the 21-day standoff between the armies of the two countries in Ladakh.
"No deals in international levels... We do not do deals at this level," he said when asked if India and China had cut a deal to end the standoff.
Reports have suggested that it was only after India agreed to dismantle its positions in Chumar area in Ladakh that the Chinese side agreed to withdraw its troops from Depsang valley in Daulat Beg oldi sector there.
Asked about his visit to China starting May 09, Khurshid said, "We will talk about the future and our leadership is committed towards that and the great things India and China can and must do together."
The visit was under cloud until the two sides reached the agreement to end the standoff.
The Chinese incursion issue is expected to figure in Khurshid`s talks with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi as well as Premier Li Keqiang when he calls on them.
Besides the border incident, the focus of Khurshid`s talks will be to finalise the programme of Li`s visit to India during which he would be visiting both New Delhi and Mumbai.
The new Chinese Premier chose India as his first stop during his maiden foreign trip to strike a friendly chord with the Indian public and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot