No decision by Home Ministry on Afzal Guru yet: Home Min
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has not yet taken any decision on the mercy petition of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Tuesday that the file related to the mercy petition of Guru, returned by President Pranab Mukherjee for review by him, was still with the Home Ministry.
"So far, the file (Guru`s) is with the Home Ministry. It has not come to me yet. So far, I have seen only one file of mercy petition and that was of (26/11 terrorist) Ajmal Kasab," he told reporters here.
Kasab was hanged in Yerawada jail in Pune on November 21.
Earlier, both Delhi government and the Home Ministry had recommended that Guru`s mercy petition, filed by his wife, be rejected by the President.
However, after Shinde took charge as Home Minister on August 1, the file was sent back by the President for a review by Shinde.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India