No decision by Home Ministry on Afzal Guru yet: Home Min
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has not yet taken any decision on the mercy petition of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Tuesday that the file related to the mercy petition of Guru, returned by President Pranab Mukherjee for review by him, was still with the Home Ministry.
"So far, the file (Guru`s) is with the Home Ministry. It has not come to me yet. So far, I have seen only one file of mercy petition and that was of (26/11 terrorist) Ajmal Kasab," he told reporters here.
Kasab was hanged in Yerawada jail in Pune on November 21.
Earlier, both Delhi government and the Home Ministry had recommended that Guru`s mercy petition, filed by his wife, be rejected by the President.
However, after Shinde took charge as Home Minister on August 1, the file was sent back by the President for a review by Shinde.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!