No decision on all party meet on Telangana: Shinde
New Delhi: The Centre has not taken any decision on convening an all party meeting to discuss the Telangana issue, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Monday.
Addressing a press conference, Shinde, however, expressed confidence that the Telangana issue would be resolved by the UPA government.
The Home Minister said several delegations from Andhra Pradesh have met him recently to place their demands on Telangana issue.
"I have heard them carefully. It is a long pending issue. There are different types of opinions. We have to see all of them. We have to deal carefully," he said.
Asked whether any decision has been taken to convene an all party meeting to discuss the sensitive issue, Shinde said that "no decision has been taken on all party meeting. We have to go into details".
Earlier, former Home Minister P Chidambaram had said the central government was ready to call a meeting of eight political parties once it gets the opinions of four political parties -- Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress.
BJP, TRS, CPI, CPI-M have already taken a stand on the Telangana issue but the remaining four political parties -- Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress -- are yet to make public their stand on Telangana.
Two earlier meetings of the political parties on Telangana issue were held on January 5, 2010 and January 6, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH