No decision yet on new Chief Information Commissioner
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
today met Leader of Opposition L K Advani and Union Law
Minister Veerappa Moily to decide on the new Chief Information
Commissioner but the meeting remained "inconclusive".
Official sources said no final decision on the new Chief
of the transparency Commission could be arrived at during the
meeting which took place at the 7 Race Course Road.
"The discussion remained inconclusive. It will now be
taken up only after the Prime Minister returns from the United
States," sources said.
The Prime Minister will be embarking on a four-day state
visit to the US tomorrow and will return back to the country
on November 30 after taking part in Commonwealth Heads of
Government Meet (CHOGM) in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
The selection of the new CIC was necessitated as the
present incumbent Wajahat Habibullah tendered his resignation
recently. He will be joining as the first State Information
Commissioner in Jammu and Kashmir where the state government
has recently constituted the Commission.
As per law, the charge of the CIC cannot be handed over
to any other person on ad hoc basis. Even if Habibullah wishes
to do so, the new person`s name needs to be ratified by the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists