No decision yet on seeking amnesty, says ULFA
Guwahati: The proscribed ULFA on Saturday said
it has not yet decided on asking for general amnesty in view
of the insurgent outfit holding talks with the Centre on
"The ULFA has not yet taken any decision on asking for
general amnesty from the government", ULFA "foreign secretary"
Sasadhar Choudhury told reporters here today.
Asked if the ULFA would go for ceasefire in view of
the unconditional talks with the Centre on February 10 in
Delhi, Choudhury said, "There is no ceasefire yet. Our central
executive committee has to decide on ceasefire".
"The (counter-insurgency) operations are on against
the ULFA as we have not declared ceasefire", he said.
Asked if the ULFA would surrender its unlicensed arms
to the government prior to the upcoming state assembly polls
as per directions of the Election Commission, he said, "We
don`t have much arms".
He also declined to give the number of ULFA cadres by
smiling when asked about the figure.
Asked why there was nobody present on behalf of the
ULFA in a court in Delhi recently to ask for withdrawal of the
ban on the outfit, Choudhury said, "we are from the jungles.
We don`t understand anything about bans".
On January 31, a tribunal headed by Delhi High Court
judge Mukta Gupta had issued notices to Nagaland and Meghalaya
governments on the Centre`s plea seeking its nod to extend the
ban on the ULFA by two more years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown