No dialogue over dead bodies: Sushma Swaraj on Manmohan-Sharif meet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj said on Monday that there should be no talks between India and Pakistan in the wake of the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir today.
Senior BJP leader tweeted – "No dialogue over dead bodies." She also told Prime Minsiter Manmohan Singh - "Please cancel your meeting with Nawaz Sharif."
PM and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif are due to meet in New York on Sunday on the sidelines of UN General Assembly session.
Meanwhile, terming the twin terror strikes in Jammu region as a provocative and barbaric action by enemies of peace, the PM said, "This is one more in a series of provocations and barbaric actions by the enemies of peace." He added that India will defeat such forces who receive encouragement from across the border and it will not allow them to derail the dialogue process.
Dressed in army fatigues, terrorists stormed a police station and then an Army camp in Jammu region killing at least 10 people including an Army officer in twin `fidayeen` attacks after they sneaked in from across the border early today.
The three heavily armed terrorists, believed to be from banned Pakistan-based terror group LeT and who were holed up in the camp of the cavalry armoured unit at Samba for several hours after they barged into the Officers mess, have been killed during a fierce gunfight, Army officials said in Delhi.
The bodies of the three terrorists aged between 16 and 19 are in the custody of the Army, they said.
"As per preliminary information, the four terrorists came from across the border," Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters in Delhi.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof