No differences within BJP on PM candidate: MP CM
Washington: Influential BJP leader and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said the party would announce its prime ministerial candidate at an appropriate time as he ruled out any differences in the party on the issue.
Responding to questions, Chouhan said that the name of prime ministerial candidate would be announced at an appropriate time before the next general elections.
Chouhan, who is here on an official visit, said he has no plans to move to the center and intends to stay in Madhya Pradesh and focus his entire energy on its inclusive growth.
He also addressed a meeting of Overseas Friends of BJP, which was attended by a large number of supporters of the party living in and around Greater Washington Area.
Chouhan also criticised the Time magazine for describing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as an "underachiever".
"This is not acceptable to us," he said, adding "He (Singh) is Prime Minister of the entire country, not the BJP or the Congress only. We respect him in this capacity."
"But we do have differences on issues and that is natural in a democratic country," Chouhan told Indian reporters.
"For instance we have differences on FDI in multi-brand retail, but this does not mean that we disrespect him. He is our Prime Minister and we respect him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth