No discussion on cabinet vacancies: Karuna
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday said he did not discuss with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh the
filling up of vacancies in the union cabinet caused by the
resignations of A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran.
"Neither the Prime Minister nor me broached the subject
during the meeting" in New Delhi yesterday, he told reporters
soon after his return here from the national capital.
Asked when those vacancies will be filled up, he quipped
"you will come to know."
Karunanidhi`s remarks come in the wake of speculation that
the subject might have been discussed since it was the first
meeting between the two leaders after a long time.
On the special court reserving orders on the bail
application of his daughter Kanimozhi, jailed for her alleged
role in 2G Spectrum case, Karunanidhi said the special judge
himself had said that due to Diwali vacations, the order could
not be pronounced now and the same would be done on November
He said "CBI itself has said the bail can be granted."
To a query, he said Congress President Sonia Gandhi had
enquired about Kanimozhi who is lodged in Tihar jail.
On the delay in granting her bail, Karunanidhi said he did
not see any political background on the issue.
Asked how his daughter was, he said "she is mentally strong
despite losing weight."
During his meeting with Manmohan Singh, he said he had
demanded that the three Rajiv Gandhi assassins Murugan,
Santhan and Perarivalan be set free as they had already
undergone imprisonment for over 20 years.
He had requested the Prime Minister to take steps in this
regard though the AIADMK government had not passed any cabinet
resolution on this regard, he said. The Prime Minister gave a
hearing to him when he raised the issue, the DMK president
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!