No discussion within NDA over PM candidate: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said no discussion had yet taken place within the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) on the issue of its Prime Ministerial candidate for the general elections slated to be held in 2014.
"There has been no discussion over the issue so far," Badal, who is also chief patron of Shiromani Akali Dal, a key constituent of the NDA, told reporters on the sidelines of a function in Jalandhar district.
The Chief Minister, however, added, "that Khiala, whenever required the constituents of NDA will sit together and decide the issue."
In response to a question, Badal said the state government would soon start the process of reconstituting the District Level Grievances committees to redress the complaints of the people.
Exhorting the people to join hands for the removal of social maladies from the state, including corruption, Badal said the active support and cooperation of the public was required for eradicating these.
Assuring the people of prompt action against the guilty in corruption cases, Badal said the time had come when the public must raise its voice against all such social problems.
Later on, while addressing the gathering at a function at Khiala, he said the state government would soon accord university status to Sant Baba Bhag Singh Educational complex after completing the requisite formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside