No discussion within NDA over PM candidate: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said no discussion had yet taken place within the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) on the issue of its Prime Ministerial candidate for the general elections slated to be held in 2014.
"There has been no discussion over the issue so far," Badal, who is also chief patron of Shiromani Akali Dal, a key constituent of the NDA, told reporters on the sidelines of a function in Jalandhar district.
The Chief Minister, however, added, "that Khiala, whenever required the constituents of NDA will sit together and decide the issue."
In response to a question, Badal said the state government would soon start the process of reconstituting the District Level Grievances committees to redress the complaints of the people.
Exhorting the people to join hands for the removal of social maladies from the state, including corruption, Badal said the active support and cooperation of the public was required for eradicating these.
Assuring the people of prompt action against the guilty in corruption cases, Badal said the time had come when the public must raise its voice against all such social problems.
Later on, while addressing the gathering at a function at Khiala, he said the state government would soon accord university status to Sant Baba Bhag Singh Educational complex after completing the requisite formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria