No discussion within NDA over PM candidate: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said no discussion had yet taken place within the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) on the issue of its Prime Ministerial candidate for the general elections slated to be held in 2014.
"There has been no discussion over the issue so far," Badal, who is also chief patron of Shiromani Akali Dal, a key constituent of the NDA, told reporters on the sidelines of a function in Jalandhar district.
The Chief Minister, however, added, "that Khiala, whenever required the constituents of NDA will sit together and decide the issue."
In response to a question, Badal said the state government would soon start the process of reconstituting the District Level Grievances committees to redress the complaints of the people.
Exhorting the people to join hands for the removal of social maladies from the state, including corruption, Badal said the active support and cooperation of the public was required for eradicating these.
Assuring the people of prompt action against the guilty in corruption cases, Badal said the time had come when the public must raise its voice against all such social problems.
Later on, while addressing the gathering at a function at Khiala, he said the state government would soon accord university status to Sant Baba Bhag Singh Educational complex after completing the requisite formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof