No Diwali gifts, donate money in relief fund, PM urges well-wishers
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday urged his well-wishers to donate money in the PM`s National Relief Fund instead of sending gifts to him on the occasion of Diwali.
"He has appealed to his well wishers to make donations to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund instead of sending gifts for him," a Prime Minister`s Office statement said.
The Prime Minister`s statement comes at a time when natural disasters have struck Uttarakhand, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh in the last few months and large-scale rehabilitation and relief work is being carried out there.
The Prime Minister also conveyed his heartfelt thanks to all those who are sending him greetings and good wishes on the occasion of Diwali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof