No Diwali gifts, donate money in relief fund, PM urges well-wishers
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday urged his well-wishers to donate money in the PM`s National Relief Fund instead of sending gifts to him on the occasion of Diwali.
"He has appealed to his well wishers to make donations to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund instead of sending gifts for him," a Prime Minister`s Office statement said.
The Prime Minister`s statement comes at a time when natural disasters have struck Uttarakhand, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh in the last few months and large-scale rehabilitation and relief work is being carried out there.
The Prime Minister also conveyed his heartfelt thanks to all those who are sending him greetings and good wishes on the occasion of Diwali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS