No Diwali gifts, donate money in relief fund, PM urges well-wishers
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday urged his well-wishers to donate money in the PM`s National Relief Fund instead of sending gifts to him on the occasion of Diwali.
"He has appealed to his well wishers to make donations to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund instead of sending gifts for him," a Prime Minister`s Office statement said.
The Prime Minister`s statement comes at a time when natural disasters have struck Uttarakhand, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh in the last few months and large-scale rehabilitation and relief work is being carried out there.
The Prime Minister also conveyed his heartfelt thanks to all those who are sending him greetings and good wishes on the occasion of Diwali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29