No economic solution found at Jaipur conclave: JD(U)
New Delhi: Opposition JD(U) today sought to find fault in the Congress` Jaipur Declaration, saying it has failed to find any economic solution that the country was facing at present.
"No solution was found to address the prevailing economic crisis in the country at the Jaipur conclave. Instead of finding a solution to the crisis, the ruling party is speaking in Opposition`s language," JD(U) president Sharad Yadav said.
He said this referring to the Jaipur Declaration, which has emphasised on the need to fight corruption in public life.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh only admitted that inflation is not under control at the conclave, Yadav said.
Taking a dig at newly appointed Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, the JD(U) leader said while Rajiv (Gandhi) had said only 15 paisa went to people, Rahul is saying 99 paisa should go to them.
He, however, refused to comment on Rahul becoming the Congress Vice-President. "It was Congress party matter and I have nothing to say."
Asked about whom the NDA would project Prime Minister in the wake of Rahul assuming leadership role, Yadav said, "NDA does not project its prime ministerial candidate. Morarjee Desai, VP Singh were never projected as PM."
He also said Rahul leading the Congress campaign will not have any effect on opposition NDA. "We have fought Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi. I am sure the Congress will go down further."
Slamming the government for the recent diesel price hike, Yadav, who is also the NDA convenor, said it will ruin the common man including farmers.
"While diesel is consumed by SUVs, malls and cell towers, it is also used by farmers. A mechanism should be found to ensure that the subsidy on diesel should not be used by the rich and it should be only given to farmers," he said.
Asked to comment on Sushilkumar Shinde`s Hindu terror statement, Yadav said "terror has no religion" and noted that the Home Minister`s job is to ensure peace not statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145