No effort should be spared to nab culprits: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI (M) on Monday condemned the bomb blasts in Bodhgaya and said no effort should be spared to nab the culprits.
Condemning the blasts at "a venerated place of worship for millions of believers across the world", the party Politburo said it was "fortunate that no serious damage was done to the Mahabodhi temple and the Bodhi tree although it is a matter of serious concern that some monks suffered injuries".
While no effort should be spared to identify and nab the culprits responsible for this heinous crime, it was also necessary to probe how the criminals got access to the area "which was supposedly under security cover with police posted on the premises", a CPI (M) statement said.
"Once again, the issue of better and sustained coordination between the Centre and state governments comes to the forefront as does that of the capacity of intelligence agencies. On both fronts, the government has to take urgent steps," the CPI (M) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says