No effort should be spared to nab culprits: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI (M) on Monday condemned the bomb blasts in Bodhgaya and said no effort should be spared to nab the culprits.
Condemning the blasts at "a venerated place of worship for millions of believers across the world", the party Politburo said it was "fortunate that no serious damage was done to the Mahabodhi temple and the Bodhi tree although it is a matter of serious concern that some monks suffered injuries".
While no effort should be spared to identify and nab the culprits responsible for this heinous crime, it was also necessary to probe how the criminals got access to the area "which was supposedly under security cover with police posted on the premises", a CPI (M) statement said.
"Once again, the issue of better and sustained coordination between the Centre and state governments comes to the forefront as does that of the capacity of intelligence agencies. On both fronts, the government has to take urgent steps," the CPI (M) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP