‘No equal pay to private minority school tutors’
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed
anticipatory bail pleas of two businessmen wanted by the CBI
for their alleged role in a CWG corruption case related to
award of a contract to a Swiss firm for installing Times,
Scoring and Result system.
A bench of justices JM Panchal and HL Gokhale turned
down the anticipatory bail pleas to AK Madan and PD Arya,
the promoters of Faridabad-based Gem International, asking
them to approach the trial court for regular bail, which, the
bench said, would be decided expeditiously.
Evading arrest, Madan and Arya have been declared
proclaimed offenders by the trial court and the CBI has begun
proceedings to confiscate their properties.
Seeking bail for the petitioners, senior counsel Mukul
Rohatgi contended that they had no direct role in the alleged
irregularity in award of the contract to Swiss Omega as they
are merely promoters of a firm, Gem International, which was
awarded the sub-contract.
Rohatgi claimed Gem International was sub-contracted by
Swiss Omega only for Rs 23 crore out of the original Rs 107
crore contract bagged by the Swiss firm and it was still being
Rohatgi told the court that Madan is a terminally ill,
suffering from multiple medical complications like
spondylitis, cardiac and retinal detachment. He assured the
court that Madan would cooperate with the CBI in the probe
once he is is granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you