`No evidence of Chinese support to Maoists`
New Delhi: Noting that there are no evidence
of China`s support to insurgents and Maoists in the country,
the government on Thursday played down the use of Chinese weapons by
Stating this here today, government sources said Chinese
arms are cheap and readily available in black market.
"Until you see actual signs of that kind... The fact that
people are carrying Chinese weapons, that I don`t think is
worrying," a source said while responding to reports that
Maoists are getting Chinese arms.
"There are weapons all over the place. The cheapest
manufacturers are Chinese, look at South East Asia, Central
Asia, Pakistan or Afghanistan," a source said, adding "So far
at least everything else is supposition".
If there is Chinese state support to Indian insurgents and
Maoists, that will be the "real worry", the source said,
adding China has always denied this.
At the same time, the sources noted that the insurgent
groups would like people to believe that they have Chinese
support like Pakistan has been saying all the while.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!