`No evidence of Chinese support to Maoists`
New Delhi: Noting that there are no evidence
of China`s support to insurgents and Maoists in the country,
the government on Thursday played down the use of Chinese weapons by
Stating this here today, government sources said Chinese
arms are cheap and readily available in black market.
"Until you see actual signs of that kind... The fact that
people are carrying Chinese weapons, that I don`t think is
worrying," a source said while responding to reports that
Maoists are getting Chinese arms.
"There are weapons all over the place. The cheapest
manufacturers are Chinese, look at South East Asia, Central
Asia, Pakistan or Afghanistan," a source said, adding "So far
at least everything else is supposition".
If there is Chinese state support to Indian insurgents and
Maoists, that will be the "real worry", the source said,
adding China has always denied this.
At the same time, the sources noted that the insurgent
groups would like people to believe that they have Chinese
support like Pakistan has been saying all the while.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country