`No evidence of Chinese support to Maoists`
New Delhi: Noting that there are no evidence
of China`s support to insurgents and Maoists in the country,
the government on Thursday played down the use of Chinese weapons by
Stating this here today, government sources said Chinese
arms are cheap and readily available in black market.
"Until you see actual signs of that kind... The fact that
people are carrying Chinese weapons, that I don`t think is
worrying," a source said while responding to reports that
Maoists are getting Chinese arms.
"There are weapons all over the place. The cheapest
manufacturers are Chinese, look at South East Asia, Central
Asia, Pakistan or Afghanistan," a source said, adding "So far
at least everything else is supposition".
If there is Chinese state support to Indian insurgents and
Maoists, that will be the "real worry", the source said,
adding China has always denied this.
At the same time, the sources noted that the insurgent
groups would like people to believe that they have Chinese
support like Pakistan has been saying all the while.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi