No file or record to show culpability of PM, FM: JPC chief
New Delhi: JPC has found not a "single file or record" to show any culpability of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram in the 2G spectrum allocation, its chairman PC Chacko said justifying the clean chit to them in the draft report.
He also maintained that Singh and Chidambaram were not called before the Committee despite BJP`s strong demands because majority of the 30 members were not in favour of such a move.
Chacko responded to the attack on him for not calling former Telecom Minister A Raja, who has been held responsible for the controversial 2G allocation of 2008, insisting that he was given a chance to present his case by making a representation.
"... We have not come across a single file or record or evidence to see that any culpability or any responsibility in the decision making for the Finance Minister or the Prime Minister," Chacko said.
He was responding when asked to comment on the Opposition attack on him for giving a clean chit to the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister in the draft report even though Raja has said that he had kept Singh and Chidambaram in the loop on all decisions related to the 2G allocation.
The Opposition members of the Committee have alleged that Chacko was "partisan" and had prepared the report in such a manner as as to protect Singh and Chidambaram.
"Witnesses depose and say many things, we verify with the files. That is how we come to the conclusion...I do not think we have done anything wrong or impropriety," Chacko said, while clearly referring to Raja`s claim about keeping Singh and Chidambaram in the loop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India