No fixed reservation for religious minorities in CAPFs: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said there is no reservation fixed on the basis of religion in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju told Lok Sabha in a written reply that while the Assam Rifles had 16.16 per cent of minority representation in their ranks, the corresponding figures for Border Security Force stood at 11.69 per cent, Central Reserve Police Force 9.24 per cent and Central Industrial Security Force 9.14 per cent.
The representation in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police stands at 6.18 per cent while in the Sashastra Seema Bal it is 7.02 per cent of the total force strength, the Minister said.
"There is no reservation fixed on the basis of religion in CAPFs and ARs," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!