No fixed reservation for religious minorities in CAPFs: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said there is no reservation fixed on the basis of religion in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju told Lok Sabha in a written reply that while the Assam Rifles had 16.16 per cent of minority representation in their ranks, the corresponding figures for Border Security Force stood at 11.69 per cent, Central Reserve Police Force 9.24 per cent and Central Industrial Security Force 9.14 per cent.
The representation in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police stands at 6.18 per cent while in the Sashastra Seema Bal it is 7.02 per cent of the total force strength, the Minister said.
"There is no reservation fixed on the basis of religion in CAPFs and ARs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh