No fresh ceasefire violation in Poonch sector today: Army
Jammu: No fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops took place on Friday along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, after a series of such incidents in the last few days.
"There was no ceasefire violation from Pakistan side along Indo-Pak border in Poonch sector today ", Defence spokesperson, Col RK Palta, told a news agency here.
He said tension is prevailing along the Indo-Pak border but the situation is under control.
Asked about the reports of firing from across the border by Pakistani troops on Indian posts along LoC in Poonch, he said there was no firing.
With the exchanges of shelling and firing after continued violations of ceasefire by Pakistani troops and shutting of cross-LoC trade by Pak army yesterday, tension further heightened along Indo-Pak border as Army troops had been put on alert.
"The border with Pakistan is tense but the situation is under control (along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir", the Army official said.
The Army is maintaining utmost vigilance along the border with Pakistsan, he said.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire by firing mortars shells and from small arms on Indian posts along LoC in Krishnagati sector of Poonch district from 5 pm to 9.30 pm yesterday, the Defence spokesman said.
Indian troops had effectively retaliated, resulting in the exchange of fire, he said adding there was no casuality or injury to anyone in the Pak firing.
Pakistani troops had fired on 9 posts including Chatri, Atma, Helmet, Prakash, Chatyal, Khera-I, Khera-II, Roshni and Gunhill posts in the sector from its posts Kanal, Barmoch, Jungle-1, Jungle-2, Dhamas, Prench, New post, Daruchiymia, Teer, LP-1, LP-2 and LP-3.
Yesterday`s was the 3rd ceasefire violation by Pakistan troops along Poonch sector after the barbaric killing of two jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’