No fresh ceasefire violation in Poonch sector today: Army
Jammu: No fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops took place on Friday along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, after a series of such incidents in the last few days.
"There was no ceasefire violation from Pakistan side along Indo-Pak border in Poonch sector today ", Defence spokesperson, Col RK Palta, told a news agency here.
He said tension is prevailing along the Indo-Pak border but the situation is under control.
Asked about the reports of firing from across the border by Pakistani troops on Indian posts along LoC in Poonch, he said there was no firing.
With the exchanges of shelling and firing after continued violations of ceasefire by Pakistani troops and shutting of cross-LoC trade by Pak army yesterday, tension further heightened along Indo-Pak border as Army troops had been put on alert.
"The border with Pakistan is tense but the situation is under control (along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir", the Army official said.
The Army is maintaining utmost vigilance along the border with Pakistsan, he said.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire by firing mortars shells and from small arms on Indian posts along LoC in Krishnagati sector of Poonch district from 5 pm to 9.30 pm yesterday, the Defence spokesman said.
Indian troops had effectively retaliated, resulting in the exchange of fire, he said adding there was no casuality or injury to anyone in the Pak firing.
Pakistani troops had fired on 9 posts including Chatri, Atma, Helmet, Prakash, Chatyal, Khera-I, Khera-II, Roshni and Gunhill posts in the sector from its posts Kanal, Barmoch, Jungle-1, Jungle-2, Dhamas, Prench, New post, Daruchiymia, Teer, LP-1, LP-2 and LP-3.
Yesterday`s was the 3rd ceasefire violation by Pakistan troops along Poonch sector after the barbaric killing of two jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog