No fresh ceasefire violation in Poonch sector today: Army
Jammu: No fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops took place on Friday along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, after a series of such incidents in the last few days.
"There was no ceasefire violation from Pakistan side along Indo-Pak border in Poonch sector today ", Defence spokesperson, Col RK Palta, told a news agency here.
He said tension is prevailing along the Indo-Pak border but the situation is under control.
Asked about the reports of firing from across the border by Pakistani troops on Indian posts along LoC in Poonch, he said there was no firing.
With the exchanges of shelling and firing after continued violations of ceasefire by Pakistani troops and shutting of cross-LoC trade by Pak army yesterday, tension further heightened along Indo-Pak border as Army troops had been put on alert.
"The border with Pakistan is tense but the situation is under control (along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir", the Army official said.
The Army is maintaining utmost vigilance along the border with Pakistsan, he said.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire by firing mortars shells and from small arms on Indian posts along LoC in Krishnagati sector of Poonch district from 5 pm to 9.30 pm yesterday, the Defence spokesman said.
Indian troops had effectively retaliated, resulting in the exchange of fire, he said adding there was no casuality or injury to anyone in the Pak firing.
Pakistani troops had fired on 9 posts including Chatri, Atma, Helmet, Prakash, Chatyal, Khera-I, Khera-II, Roshni and Gunhill posts in the sector from its posts Kanal, Barmoch, Jungle-1, Jungle-2, Dhamas, Prench, New post, Daruchiymia, Teer, LP-1, LP-2 and LP-3.
Yesterday`s was the 3rd ceasefire violation by Pakistan troops along Poonch sector after the barbaric killing of two jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends