No govt files routed through Sonia Gandhi, says Ahmed Patel
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi was never shown any Government files, her political secretary Ahmed Patel said while terming as "baseless" the charges made against her in a book written by Prime Minister`s former media advisor Sanjaya Baru.
"I have not read the book but whatever I have heard from friends, I can say that this is all baseless. When they say that all the important government files were routed through her, it is all baseless," he said.
"I am a member of the Core Group Committee. If any member of the Cabinet says that (the files were shown to Gandhi), I will leave the public life," Patel said in an interview to a TV channel.
In his book "Accidental Prime Minister - The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh", Baru has claimed that Prime Minister`s principal secretary Pulok Chatterjee would seek "instructions" from Sonia Gandhi on important PMO decisions.
Asked about statements by BJP leaders to probe scams during Congress regime and having an accountability commission, Patel said, "Let them do it. We are not afraid of anybody. We have faced it in the past also...They have gone to the extent that they even included the name of Rajiv Gandhi into the FIR."
He also said that "first of all, they are not going to come to power, and even if they come to power, we are not afraid as we have not done anything wrong."
Patel also came out in defence of Congress Vice President, Rahul Gandhi saying he had not carried out any personal attack against BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters