No govt wants us independent: CBI
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday lamented that fact that no government at the Centre wants to make the investigating agency independent.
The CBI counsel made the scathing remarks during a hearing in the Supreme Court on the Coalgate matter.
The agency’s representative noted no government after independence has ever made efforts to make the CBI independent.
Recently, the apex court had described the CBI as a “caged parrot” in government’s hands.
The Union government had, on the direction of the SC, listed out steps to ensure the independence of the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC exams: Panel to recommend lowering of age limit for civil services exam
- BJP holds huge protest outside Mamata Banerjee's residence over attack on Roopa Ganguly's convoy
- Here’s what Kajol feels about the film industry
- Ayutthaya: Once a diplomatic hub in the Siamese kingdom, now a Thailand heritage site
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check