No govt wants us independent: CBI
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday lamented that fact that no government at the Centre wants to make the investigating agency independent.
The CBI counsel made the scathing remarks during a hearing in the Supreme Court on the Coalgate matter.
The agency’s representative noted no government after independence has ever made efforts to make the CBI independent.
Recently, the apex court had described the CBI as a “caged parrot” in government’s hands.
The Union government had, on the direction of the SC, listed out steps to ensure the independence of the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- Wimbledon 2016: Roger Federer aims to end Marcus Willis fairytale
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!