No govt wants us independent: CBI
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday lamented that fact that no government at the Centre wants to make the investigating agency independent.
The CBI counsel made the scathing remarks during a hearing in the Supreme Court on the Coalgate matter.
The agency’s representative noted no government after independence has ever made efforts to make the CBI independent.
Recently, the apex court had described the CBI as a “caged parrot” in government’s hands.
The Union government had, on the direction of the SC, listed out steps to ensure the independence of the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16