No Guinness recognition for new mass anthem record
Aurangabad: Over 35,000 people on Thursday sang the national anthem in unison, breaking the world record created on Wednesday in the district, the new record has however
gone unrecognised by the Guinness, organisers said.
In a rousing display of patriotism and unity, over 15,000 people from the city had yesterday participated in mass singing of national anthem `Jana Gana Mana`, creating a world record in the process.
With a tally of 15,243, they had taken India into the `Guinness Book of World Records` for "the most people singing a national anthem simultaneously", erasing the previous record
held by Pakistan for 5,800 individuals, the organisers said.
However, this record was broken today during an event organised by the Bhaskar group`s Marathi newspaper `Divya Marathi` at the MGM ground here, organisers claimed.
The Guinness World Record team which had acknowledged yesterday`s feat did not recognise today`s event, sources said.
Andrea Banfi, head of Adjudicators, Guinness Book World Records Limited, who had flown in from London, along with Lucia Sinigagliesi, Adjudications Manager, and Nikhil Shukla, Adjudicator India were unable to count the number of people present, sources said. The participants were not standing in order, as per the necessary instructions and hence counting was not possible, sources added.
The Guinness Book officials were not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says