No Headley but counter terror on Obama-Manmohan agenda
Tokyo: Pakistani American terror suspect David Coleman Headley`s name might not crop up in discussions between Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and US President Barack Obama when he comes visiting next month but the two leaders will definitely be discussing counter terrorism.
"That`s not what leaders do," a source said, responding to whether Manmohan and Obama will specifically discuss the case of Headley, who has confessed his role in the November 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
At that level, it has already got to the level of cooperation in counter terrorism, he said. Indian investigators have interrogated Headley, who is in a Chicago jail.
India is also concerned about Pakistan receiving regular aid from the US and how it is used. Informed sources said that India had every reason to believe that such assistance was being misused and would like to see greater monitoring from the American side.
"Our policy line is very clear. Pakistan has received regular doses from the US. We have been able to tell the US candidly what India thinks of this system of giving military aid to Pakistan. Pakistan by its own acknowledgment has India-centric policies," a source here said.
"Such military systems (F-16s) can be misused. So we have to told the US side they should ensure greater accountability."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand