No Headley but counter terror on Obama-Manmohan agenda
Tokyo: Pakistani American terror suspect David Coleman Headley`s name might not crop up in discussions between Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and US President Barack Obama when he comes visiting next month but the two leaders will definitely be discussing counter terrorism.
"That`s not what leaders do," a source said, responding to whether Manmohan and Obama will specifically discuss the case of Headley, who has confessed his role in the November 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
At that level, it has already got to the level of cooperation in counter terrorism, he said. Indian investigators have interrogated Headley, who is in a Chicago jail.
India is also concerned about Pakistan receiving regular aid from the US and how it is used. Informed sources said that India had every reason to believe that such assistance was being misused and would like to see greater monitoring from the American side.
"Our policy line is very clear. Pakistan has received regular doses from the US. We have been able to tell the US candidly what India thinks of this system of giving military aid to Pakistan. Pakistan by its own acknowledgment has India-centric policies," a source here said.
"Such military systems (F-16s) can be misused. So we have to told the US side they should ensure greater accountability."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?