No headway because of China`s insistence on dismantling of bunkers?
New Delhi: Efforts to break the stand-off due to the Chinese incursion are apparently bearing no fruit because of China`s insistence that some bunkers constructed by India at a key vantage point be dismantled.
China is understood to have laid down this condition before the Indian side for going back from the place 19 km inside the Indian territory in Daulat Beg Oldi where its troops have been camping for the last over two weeks, sources said here.
The government is taking a look into these issues in the meetings of the China Study Group headed by the National Security Advisor and including secretaries of key ministries such as Defence, Home and External Affairs, they said.
The rigidity shown by the Chinese over this demand is also one of the reasons why there has been no flag meetings between the two sides for over a week now, the sources said.
They said the vantage point is at a junction between two mountains in Ladakh area from where the Indian Army troops could remain unseen and oversee the activities of the Chinese troops in that area.
After the Chinese troops observed the Indian position there due to the movement of vehicles and soldiers, they intruded into Indian territory on April 15 to press for their demands.
The vantage point is at a location which is claimed by both sides as their territory, they said.
Meanwhile, the stand-off is continuing in the DBO where the Chinese soldiers are getting continued supplies from trucks and light vehicles from its side of the border.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said India has a plan to resolve the issue and it was working on it. All the actions in the case are being taken by the China Study Group and all other stakeholders have been asked to maintain silence over the sensitive issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?