No idea why Anna Hazare changed stand: Arvind Kejriwal
Mumbai: After Anna Hazare said he would not vote for the newly-launched Aam Aadmi Party, its leader Arvind Kejriwal was on Monday at a loss to explain what had made the anti-corruption crusader change his mind.
"Earlier, he had supported our party. But I don`t know what happened in two days. He did not remain with us. If we have erred, we are ready to rectify our mistakes," Kejriwal said.
He was talking to reporters after addressing a farmers` rally with independent MP Raju Shetty in Sangli district of western Maharashtra.
"Anna is our moral strength. He would always exert pressure for our good work. I hope he comes with us in future," Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal said AAP has pledged to work for fair pricing of farm products of farmers and "we are deeply concerned over the violent response to farmers` protests".
Over 15,000 farmers joined their rally on foot and vehicles. Kejriwal and Shetty paid their tributes to the families of two farmers Kundalik Kokate and Chandrakant Nalwade who were killed on November 12 during the protest demanding fair price for sugarcane.
Kejriwal said AAP would stand for their cause and fair pricing for farmers was a burning issue across the nation.
Farmers had collected Rs 17 lakh for the families of the deceased farmers, Shetty said. The amount was presented to the two families at the rally today.
Kejriwal paid tributes to the deceased farmers and said "they were martyrs of the second fight for independence".
He said it was shocking that the government was not even willing to pay even the cost of production to farmers and the only reason was that most of the sugar mills were owned by politicians and were "looting" the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000