No ill feelings against anybody, says Mukherjee
New Delhi: Set to enter the Rashtrapati Bhawan as President after a bitter election, Pranab Mukherjee carries no ill feelings against the rival camp which levelled various charges against him during the poll campaign.
Mukherjee today said the unsubstantiated allegations should have been avoided but he does not have any "hurt feelings" towards anybody as he believes in the "forgive and forget" policy.
Talking to TV channels, he said that in the political system, polarisation takes place sometimes but it should not lead to hatred.
"I feel it should have been avoided because none of these are substantially correct but I would not like to enter any controversy at this stage. I have kept them behind. I have no hard feeling for anybody," said the 76-year-old veteran Congress leader.
"I would take this opportunity to convey and make it quite clear that I don`t have any hurt feelings towards anybody," Mukherjee said, adding "I am going to be everybody`s President."
During the campaign for the July 19 poll, the camp of rival candidate PA Sangma, who was supported by BJP and some other Opposition parties, leveled allegations of forgery of signatures and violation of the Office of Profit rules.
The Election Commission rejected these objections. Asked whether he thought the campaign had ended on a bitter note, Mukherjee disagreed. "I would not like to make any comment on what a contesting candidate said. After all, it is an address for the electorate and the electorate have responded. What is the need for me commenting?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM