No improvement in baby Falak`s condition
New Delhi: The two-year-old battered baby
undergoing treatment at AIIMS on Sunday showed no signs of
improvement even as police teams in Mumbai are yet to trace a
man who claimed to have adopted her.
Into her 12th day in the hospital, baby Falak continued
to remain in a critical state though her vital parameters were
"Her condition is same as yesterday," the doctors
attending on her at the Intensive Care Unit of Jai Prakash
Narayan AIIMS Trauma Centre said.
"There is no change in her physical condition. She
remains off the ventilator and her vitals though are stable
but she is deeply unconscious and in a critical condition," Dr
Deepak Aggarwal, a neurosurgeon attending on the girl, said.
The baby, whose head was smashed and body has bite marks
all over, was brought to the hospital on January 18 by a
teenaged girl who claimed to be her mother but later turned
out that she was not her relative.
The teenager, who had eloped last year, was handed over
the child by her boyfriend, a 22-year-old man identified as
Rajkumar, who is absconding.
Any case of sexual abuse has been ruled out after a
gynaecologist carried out test on her for the same, few days
back. "The marks on her body seem like that of human bite. To
verify this, we called in our forensic experts. They will
analyse and let us now," Agarwal said.
Doctors have conducted a tracheostomy on the baby and she
is being fed through a pipe that goes via the nose, he said.
A senior police official said they were yet to trace
Rajkumar though a police team is in Mumbai to trace him. His
wife and in-laws live there.
Rajkumar allegedly got the baby from a woman whom he knew
and gave it to the teenager to look after.
Police have also sent teams to Bihar to track the real
parents of the baby and check where all she was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS