No improvement in Lakshmi Sehgal`s condition
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, a compatriot of Subhash Chandra Bose, who was admitted to hospital on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, still continued to be in "very critical" condition, family sources said.
"Sehgal`s condition is very critical. There has been no significant improvement," Sehgal`s daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters here today.
She has been placed in ICU and is under observation by a team of doctors, Ali added.
Sehgal (97), who was ill for some time, was admitted to hospital last morning after she suffered a heart attack at her residence in Civil Lines area here.
Meanwhile, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat and CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat have visited the hospital last evening to enquire about her health conditions.
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the `Rani of Jhansi Regiment` of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie