No improvement in Lakshmi Sehgal`s condition
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, a compatriot of Subhash Chandra Bose, who was admitted to hospital on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, still continued to be in "very critical" condition, family sources said.
"Sehgal`s condition is very critical. There has been no significant improvement," Sehgal`s daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters here today.
She has been placed in ICU and is under observation by a team of doctors, Ali added.
Sehgal (97), who was ill for some time, was admitted to hospital last morning after she suffered a heart attack at her residence in Civil Lines area here.
Meanwhile, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat and CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat have visited the hospital last evening to enquire about her health conditions.
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the `Rani of Jhansi Regiment` of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends