No info on any IB report on NGOs: Home Minister
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said he had "no information" on Intelligence Bureau submitting any report that foreign-funded NGOs are "negatively impacting" economic development in the country by organising public protests against industrial projects.
"I have no information. IB gives us daily briefings," Singh told reporters outside Parliament House while replying to queries on media reports in this regard.
Former Union Minister and senior Congress leader M Veerappa Moily said that Government should "seriouly look into" if any NGO utilises the funds they receive from foreign agencies for disrupting industrial growth and destabilising the nation.
The reports said that the allegations were part of the Intelligence Bureau`s report submitted to the Prime Minister`s Office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!