No info on any IB report on NGOs: Home Minister
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said he had "no information" on Intelligence Bureau submitting any report that foreign-funded NGOs are "negatively impacting" economic development in the country by organising public protests against industrial projects.
"I have no information. IB gives us daily briefings," Singh told reporters outside Parliament House while replying to queries on media reports in this regard.
Former Union Minister and senior Congress leader M Veerappa Moily said that Government should "seriouly look into" if any NGO utilises the funds they receive from foreign agencies for disrupting industrial growth and destabilising the nation.
The reports said that the allegations were part of the Intelligence Bureau`s report submitted to the Prime Minister`s Office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi