No info on any IB report on NGOs: Home Minister
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said he had "no information" on Intelligence Bureau submitting any report that foreign-funded NGOs are "negatively impacting" economic development in the country by organising public protests against industrial projects.
"I have no information. IB gives us daily briefings," Singh told reporters outside Parliament House while replying to queries on media reports in this regard.
Former Union Minister and senior Congress leader M Veerappa Moily said that Government should "seriouly look into" if any NGO utilises the funds they receive from foreign agencies for disrupting industrial growth and destabilising the nation.
The reports said that the allegations were part of the Intelligence Bureau`s report submitted to the Prime Minister`s Office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam