No info on firing on Paresh Baruah: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Saturday said it has
no information on media reports about the firing on ULFA
leader Paresh Baruah and his injury in the jungles of western
"We have no information this", said Union Home Secretary
R K Singh when asked about reports on the incident.
Reports said Baruah, who has opposed peace talks, was
fired at and injured by Myanmarese security forces in
Sources said Myanmarese security personnel have launched
a crackdown against Metei insurgents of Manipur who have taken
shelter in that country.
- I have no PM ambitions, united alliance is the need of the hour: Nitish Kumar
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!