No info on judges whose elevation was objected: App authority
New Delhi: The government has given a final no to an RTI application seeking details or list of judges whose elevation to the Supreme Court or as Chief Justices of High Courts have been objected to by the President, leaving the matter to be decided by the Central Information Commission.
The appellate authority in RTI matters at the Law Ministry on March 10 has upheld the initial answer given by the Central Public Information Officer to the RTI application
by activist S C Agrawal, saying that no such list exists with the Ministry.
The President`s Secretariat had forwarded the application to the ministry to provide answers pertaining to the list of judges whose files for the elevation to the Supreme Court or as chief justices of high courts have "at least once" been returned by it.
Agrawal sought replies on a 16-point application seeking details of such judges in the light of elevation proposals of the Karnataka High Court Chief Justice and the Allahabad High Court Chief Justice being sent back by the Law Ministry to the collegium.
"The Central Public Information Officer informed the applicant (Agrawal) that no such list is maintained by this department and therefore, no information could be furnished,"
First Appellate Authority and Joint Secretary Ramesh Abhishek held.
"I am not aware of any other public authority which might be having information sought by the applicant," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city