No info on judges whose elevation was objected: App authority
New Delhi: The government has given a final no to an RTI application seeking details or list of judges whose elevation to the Supreme Court or as Chief Justices of High Courts have been objected to by the President, leaving the matter to be decided by the Central Information Commission.
The appellate authority in RTI matters at the Law Ministry on March 10 has upheld the initial answer given by the Central Public Information Officer to the RTI application
by activist S C Agrawal, saying that no such list exists with the Ministry.
The President`s Secretariat had forwarded the application to the ministry to provide answers pertaining to the list of judges whose files for the elevation to the Supreme Court or as chief justices of high courts have "at least once" been returned by it.
Agrawal sought replies on a 16-point application seeking details of such judges in the light of elevation proposals of the Karnataka High Court Chief Justice and the Allahabad High Court Chief Justice being sent back by the Law Ministry to the collegium.
"The Central Public Information Officer informed the applicant (Agrawal) that no such list is maintained by this department and therefore, no information could be furnished,"
First Appellate Authority and Joint Secretary Ramesh Abhishek held.
"I am not aware of any other public authority which might be having information sought by the applicant," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared