No info on sexual harassment accused: CIC
New Delhi: The Central Information Commission
has upheld CISF`s decision that identity of security force
personnel facing sexual harassment and corruption charges
cannot be made public, saying the disclosure may cause
unwarranted invasion of the privacy of an individual.
The CIC gave its view following an appeal against Central
Industrial Security Force (CISF) seeking details of name and
designation of the central police force men facing such
"The Commission sees no reason to disagree with the
decision of the Respondent (Central Public Information Officer
of the CISF) that the name of the officer, with designation,
against whom case has been registered or is being investigated
cannot be disclosed since disclosure of such information may
cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of an individual and
no larger public interest would be served," Information
Commissioner Sushma Singh said in an order.
In its reply to an RTI query filed by PTI, the CISF had
said that 261 cases of corruption and sexual harassment were
registered against its personnel between 2001 and 2010 but
refused to give information including their names,
designation, details of the case and action taken report.
Of the 261 cases, 223 were related to corruption and 38
to sexual harassment, the reply said adding that no case of
human rights violation was reported in the past ten years.
Aggrieved over the replies of both the CPIO and First
Appellate Authority of the CISF, the appellant had moved CIC,
which upheld their decisions.
The 1.45 lakh strong CRPF is responsible for guarding
country`s major government installations including airports,
nuclear and space facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming