No info received about Taliban planning attacks: Hyderabad police
Hyderabad: Hyderabad police on Thursday said they had received no alert about any faction of Pakistani Taliban planning to carry out attacks in the city as well as in Amritsar to revenge 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab`s execution.
Some media reports had suggested so.
"I would like to clarify... We have not got any such report, either from local, state or any other intelligence agency. However, it does not mean we are not alert. We are alert to any such threat," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma said here.
"We are there and prepared to take care of any situation. We are alerting our forces and will intensify patrolling wherever needed as a part of precautionary measures," Sharma said.
Reacting to a question about arrest of some terror suspects by Karnataka and Mumbai police in Hyderabad, Sharma said, "As a part of investigation, some youths from here were taken by Bangalore and Mumbai police in connection with old (terror-related) cases in those states."
Security would be tightened in the city ahead of December 6, the anniversary of demolition of Babri Masjid, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy