No info received about Taliban planning attacks: Hyderabad police
Hyderabad: Hyderabad police on Thursday said they had received no alert about any faction of Pakistani Taliban planning to carry out attacks in the city as well as in Amritsar to revenge 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab`s execution.
Some media reports had suggested so.
"I would like to clarify... We have not got any such report, either from local, state or any other intelligence agency. However, it does not mean we are not alert. We are alert to any such threat," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma said here.
"We are there and prepared to take care of any situation. We are alerting our forces and will intensify patrolling wherever needed as a part of precautionary measures," Sharma said.
Reacting to a question about arrest of some terror suspects by Karnataka and Mumbai police in Hyderabad, Sharma said, "As a part of investigation, some youths from here were taken by Bangalore and Mumbai police in connection with old (terror-related) cases in those states."
Security would be tightened in the city ahead of December 6, the anniversary of demolition of Babri Masjid, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch