No info received about Taliban planning attacks: Hyderabad police
Hyderabad: Hyderabad police on Thursday said they had received no alert about any faction of Pakistani Taliban planning to carry out attacks in the city as well as in Amritsar to revenge 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab`s execution.
Some media reports had suggested so.
"I would like to clarify... We have not got any such report, either from local, state or any other intelligence agency. However, it does not mean we are not alert. We are alert to any such threat," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma said here.
"We are there and prepared to take care of any situation. We are alerting our forces and will intensify patrolling wherever needed as a part of precautionary measures," Sharma said.
Reacting to a question about arrest of some terror suspects by Karnataka and Mumbai police in Hyderabad, Sharma said, "As a part of investigation, some youths from here were taken by Bangalore and Mumbai police in connection with old (terror-related) cases in those states."
Security would be tightened in the city ahead of December 6, the anniversary of demolition of Babri Masjid, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video