No irregularities committed in my tenure: Jaswant
New Delhi: With the CBI deciding to examine Jaswant Singh in 2G case, the senior BJP leader, who was the finance minister in NDA government, Friday said that no
irregularities were committed during his tenure.
"No irregularities were committed during my tenure. If someone deliberately digs out and alleges that there is irregularity then I am saddened," he told reporters outside Parliament, a day after the CBI told the Supreme Court that Singh would be examined as part of its probe into the scam.
Singh said he has received no communication from the CBI or from the government about examining him but added that he was "glad" that the agency was performing its duty.
"I will cooperate with them fully. "I don`t know whether I am going to be roasted, grilled or toasted," he said.
Asked about BJP`s statement accusing the CBI of discrimination for not questioning Dayanidhi Maran and P Chidambaram, he recited a couplet from scripture `Ramcharitmanas` that "powerful men cannot be held guilty".
The CBI had yesterday told the apex court that probe in the 2G spectrum allocation scam has shown "violation" of norms during NDA regime when late Pramod Mahajan and Arun Shourie were the telecom ministers and said the then Finance Minister Jaswant Singh would be examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened