No ISI hand in J&K terror attacks: Pakistan envoy Salman Bashir
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Hours after twin fidayeen attacks in Jammu and Kashmir claimed 12 lives, Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir sought to refute the claims that Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) was involved in the attacks, reports said Thursday.
Three heavily armed militants donning Army fatigues attacked a police station in Kathua before targeting an Army camp in nearby Samba, killing twelve people, including a Lt Col.
The attacks come just three days before Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is scheduled to meet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New York on September 29 on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.
Condemning the terrorist attacks, the main Opposition Party BJP has objected to the Manmohan-Sharif meeting, and blamed Pakistan for sheltering the militants and using them against India.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar heaped blame on Pakistan claiming that the neighbouring country “continues on its strategy to strike at will through this proxy war of terror".
Javadekar added that the Prime Minister had himself assured the nation through both Houses of Parliament after Mumbai attack and after beheading of two soldiers that India will not hold talks with Pakistan till it takes minimal action against terror.
"But what are we seeing today that Pakistan land is being used to attack and conduct terror attacks in India," he said.
BJP chief Rajnath Singh also questioned why the Prime Minister is in a "hurry" to meet Nawaz Sharif.
"The PM is in a hurry to start dialogue with Pakistan. There should be no talks with Pakistan unless there is a conducive environment," Singh said on a Twitter post.
The attack that is being termed as the worst terror attack on a security establishment in Jammu region in 10 years, has been claimed by a lesser known militant outfit known as “Shohada Brigade”.
The attack went on for hours before Indian Army managed to gun down all the three terrorists - aged between 16 and 19 - responsible for the fidayeen attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand