No issue off the table during Wen`s visit: China
Beijing: The border issue will be on the agenda, said an official who stressed that "no issues are off the table" when Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao visits India from December 15-17.
Wen is scheduled to visit India before leaving for Pakistan on a two-day visit.
Jiabao`s visit to India is expected to yield a number of commercial deals that will help smooth trade relations between the two emerging economies, China Daily on Tuesday quoted an official as saying.
The Chinese premier will be accompanied by a large delegation of over 100 senior business leaders, Liang Wentao, deputy director of the Department of Asian Affairs at the Commerce Ministry, told mediapersons here.
Assistant Foreign Minister Hu Zhengyue said that Wen will meet Indian President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and India`s ruling Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi during his visit.
"No issues are off the table," Hu was quoted as saying.
He said that Beijing and New Delhi have cooperated in multilateral frameworks like the G20 and BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China).
Hu said the border issue is also on the agenda during the visit. China and India share a 2,000-km border.
In New Delhi, Peng Gang, commercial counsellor at the Chinese embassy in India, told the daily that the two countries are expected to sign over 30 deals focusing mainly on iron ore, biochemical products and fabrics.
The deals to be signed would be worth USD 20 billion.
China is India`s biggest trading partner and the value of bilateral trade is expected to pass USD 60 billion next year, a 30-fold increase since 2000. The balance of trade is heavily in China`s favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly