No legislative agenda of Lok Sabha for Monday
New Delhi: Even though the current session of parliament is scheduled till August 14, the government has not listed any legilsative business for Monday in Lok Sabha which will just have a `calling attention` and resumed discussion on flood and drought situation in the country.
The Monday agenda posted on Lok Sabha website this evening showed no legislative business is listed for the lower House.
The House will mainly take up the `calling attention` on the situation arising out of spread of encephalitis in Eastern Uttar Pradesh and other parts of the country and steps taken by the government in this regard.
The Lok Sabha will also resume the discussion on flood and drought situation in the country.
Earlier in the day, the government faced discomfiture in the House with Opposition seeking to know the agenda for Monday at a time when there is not much clarity on official business.
Making common cause, Congress and Trinamool Congress wanted the Chair to tell the government to inform the House about the agenda for Monday.
Mallikarjun Kharge, leader of Congress in the House and Saugata Roy of TMC raised the issue repeatedly.
"It`s Friday, we are unaware of Monday`s business. There is no agenda...There is no meeting. Somebody from the government must say something," Kharge said.
The issue was raised by Roy who was earlier seen confabulating with Congress President Sonia Gandhi and later with Kharge.
In the Zero Hour too, Kharge sought to raise the issue but was not heard in the din.
Ratna De Nag, who was in the Chair, said it was only a convention to provide the agenda and not mandatory for the government.
In Rajya Sabha, the government has announced its plans to take up a bill to amend insurance law, its first major economic reform initiative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?