No link with middleman named in chopper deal: Emaar MGF
New Delhi: Real estate major Emaar MGF on Friday denied any association with Guido R Hashke, one of the alleged middlemen in the controversial Rs 3,600 crore helicopter deal.
"Guido R Hashke was an independent non-executive director for an extremely brief period of approximately two months, i.e. September 25, 2009 to December 7, 2009. Emaar MGF has had no association with him or any of his businesses or associates other than this," the firm said in a statement.
Hashke was appointed due to the statutory requirement of having certain number of independent directors on the board to be a publicly-listed company.
Therefore he was appointed as an independent director to fulfill the requirements of the company`s proposed Initial Public Offer (IPO) at that time, it said.
"We wish to state on record that he did not attend any board meeting during his tenure of appointment and in fact has never visited our offices at any time nor has had any meetings with any of our officials at any time. Furthermore, he has not represented the company in any forum at any time," the statement said.
The deal, involving supply of 12 VVIP choppers by Italian firm AgustaWestland, has come under the scanner of investigating agencies in the wake of reports of alleged kickbacks paid to clinch it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works