No more talks with govt on Lokpal: Anna Hazare
Ralegan Siddhi: Accusing the government of conspiring to split his team, Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he will not hold talks with government any more on the Lokpal issue, an announcement that came in the wake of leak of reports of his meeting with Law Minister Salman Khurshid recently.
Breaking his silence on the meeting with Khurshid on June 23 near Pune, he said the minister had asked him to keep the meeting secret and he agreed. Khurshid had also asked him not to participate in the proposed fast in Delhi.
Addressing a press conference here, he released a letter he has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in which he denied the claim of Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy that he was helping the government on evolving a consensus on Lokpal.
"When Salman Khurshid told me that the government will take a decision on the issue before July 25 (when Team Anna plans to go on fast), it clearly means that differences crop up in the team before the agitation so that I am not part of the protest.
"After coming to know about your government`s conspiracy, I do not wish to talk to any minister or any responsible person now or in future. People`s fight is a way for betterment of society and the country. Till we get Jan Lokpal, the people`s struggle will continue," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren