No need for Anna to protest: Agnivesh
Jaipur: Social activist Swami Agnivesh on Sunday favoured discussion on the issue of FDI in retail sector.
"The issue of FDI should be discussed widely instead of opposing and rejecting it directly...There should be a healthy debate on the," he said at a meeting organised by `Sadbhavna Manch Rajasthan` here.
He also laid stress upon the need to protect interest of farmers while implementing the decision.
On Anna Hazare`s call to hold another protest, Agnivesh said it is not required when the government is bringing strong Lokpal bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!