No need to overreact on Pakistan`s Gwadar port: Khurshid
New Delhi: India on Friday said there was no need to "overreact" to issues like Pakistan transferring the management of the strategic Gwadar port from Singapore to China.
"I don`t think we should overreact to everything that Pakistan does or everything that China is involved in. We need to take these matters in our stride and in the normal course," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said here.
"There are some things which have pure, simple and commercial dimensions and some things which have strategic dimensions. But these are things which one should consider in the normal course when we know exactly what we are dealing with," he said.
He added: "There is a delicate balance in the entire region and I think none of us should be doing something which will upset that balance."
Pakistan has decided to hand over the management control of the strategic Gwadar port to a Chinese company. The deep-sea port is on the Arabian Sea at Gwadar in Balochistan province of Pakistan
To a retired Pakistani general`s comment on the Kargil conflict, Khurshid said: "I don`t want to be in constant conversation with retired Pakistani generals. They have their own way of settling scores among themselves and sometimes with India."
"The Defence Minister also said we should not do anything in haste. Let`s look at things as they shape. Let`s wait for things to normalise in due course," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?